Who It's For
The seminar is designed for enterprise professionals of every discipline including non-information disciplines as well as information disciplines. Although it is addressing technology issues, it is not a “technical” seminar. It addresses the subjects that both enterprise professionals and information professionals must understand to operate effectively in collaboration in the Information Age environment.
Further, the seminar is appropriate for both management and non-management professionals. For management it clarifies the issues for decision purposes and enables more meaningful dialogue with and among the technology community. For operations professionals, it establishes the context for developing improved approaches and implementation strategies.
Typical delegates include:
• Chief Information Officers
• Information Systems Management
• Data, Applications, Technology Management
• Enterprise Architects
• Data, Applications, Technology Architects
• Business Architects
• Business, Systems Analysts
• Strategic Planners
• Domain / Business knowledge.
• Experience in running and managing a department or business unit.
• Ability to map the domain specific language (terminology) to the architecture specific language.
• Architecture specification principles such as abstraction, refinement, composition, modelling, etc.
• Experience in creating models (free hand or using a tool like MS Office or UML/BPMN).
John A. Zachman is the originator of the “Framework for Enterprise Architecture” (The Zachman Framework™) which has received broad acceptance around the world as an integrative framework, an ontology for descriptive representations of Enterprises. Mr. Zachman is not only known for this work on Enterprise Architecture, but is also known for his early contributions to IBM’s Information Strategy methodology (Business Systems Planning) as well as to their Executive team planning techniques (Intensive Planning). Mr. Zachman retired from IBM in 1990, having served them for 26 years. He is Chief Executive Officer of his own education and consulting business, Zachman International® and Owner and Executive Director of the Federated Enterprise Architecture Certification Institute in Washington, D.C.