Who It's For
Roles that are currently benefitting from this workshop include:
- Specialist data modellers, data architects, data analysts, and DBAs who wish to hone their skills.
- Business analysts, business architects, enterprise architects, and application architects
- Application / solution developers (especially on Agile teams)
- Business professionals, Subject Matter Experts, and Project / Programme Managers involved in the analysis, design, and development (or selection and configuration) of a system.
- BI (Business Intelligence) professionals, DW (Data Warehouse) professionals, big data specialists, data scientists, analytics specialists, and data lake implementers
Clariteq Systems Consulting
Alec Sharp, a senior consultant with Clariteq Systems Consulting, has deep expertise in a rare combination of fields –process modelling, analysis, and redesign; business analysis and requirements specification; and business-oriented data modelling. Increasingly, his work involves facilitationand organisational change. His 35 years of hands-on consulting experience, practical approaches, and global reputation in model-driven methods have made him a sought-after resource in locations as diverse as Ireland, Illinois, and India.
He is also a popular conference speaker, mixing content and insight with irreverence and humour. Among his many top-rated presentations are “The Lost Art of Conceptual Modelling – Where Did it All Go Wrong?,” “The Human Side of Data Modelling – Communicating With Stakeholders and Other Mere Mortals,” “Getting Traction for ‘Data’ – What the Experts Forget,” “Adventures in Reverse Engineering – What You’ve Got, and Why You Don’t Like It,” and “The T-Shaped Data Professional – Achieving Data Management Goals by Other Means.” His 90-minute briefing “Five Things You Need To Know About Business Processes” has been delivered to senior executives at major organisations around the globe.
Alec literally wrote the book on business process modelling, “Workflow Modelling: Tools for Process Improvement and Application Development.” Popular with process improvement specialists, business analysts, consultants, and business professionals, it is consistently a top-selling title on business process modelling, analysis, and design, and is widely used as an MBA textbook. He was awarded DAMA’s Professional Achievement Award, a global award given to one professional a year for contributions to the Data Management profession.
Alec’s popular workshops “Working With Business Processes,” “Advanced Business Process Techniques,” “Business-Oriented Data Modelling,” “Advanced Data Modelling,” and “Requirements Modelling” are conducted on four or five continents each year, at many of the world’s best-known organisations. His classes are practical and energetic, consistently earning “excellent” ratings.