Why Business Architecture?
- Response to Disruption and Innovation
- Requirement for Business Agility
Business Architecture and Related Disciplines
- Business Model canvas
- Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Business Architecture Frameworks
- BPTrends Associates
Business Architecture Methodology
- Process Renewal Group Business Design method
- Business Architecture Meta Model and Artifacts
- Business Architecture Maturity
Workshop: What is your Architectural maturity?
Value Chain Identification and Architecture Scoping
- Whole company vs internal group scope?
- All value chains or one?
- Cross company Value chains
- Internal shared services
- The Value Chain’s Value Proposition?
Workshop: What Value Chains do you have and what is your Value Proposition?
External Environment Assessment
- External Pressures, opportunities and Threats
- Business Scenario Models
Workshop: What are the External Pressures on your business?
External Stakeholder Analysis
- Stakeholder Classification
- Stakeholder Context Diagram and Health Assessment
- Stakeholder Needs, Expectations, Outcomes and Experiences
- Measuring Stakeholder Relationships: Goals, KPIs and Objectives
- Consolidating your North Star Outcomes
Workshop: Who are your stakeholders and what must we be able to deliver for them?
Business Strategy Development
- Business Motivation Model: Ends and Means
- Strategy Maps
- Business Model Canvas
- Business Architecture Landscape
Workshop: What are the Strategies for the Value Chain?
Business Semantics: The Basis for Information Models
- Business Vocabulary
- Concept and Information Model
- Glossary of Terms
Workshop: What is your Concept Model and Rules?
Business Process Architecture
- Stakeholder and Asset Process cycles
- Consolidating cycles into an externally focussed Process Architecture
- Business Process Frameworks
- Finalizing the Process Architecture
- Examples of Architectures
- Modelling Standards (IGOE, BPMN, CMMN)
Workshop: What are the Process cycles for your Value Chain and what are the End-to-end Processes of your business?
Business Performance Models
- Characteristics of Good Performance Indicators
- Lagging and Leading Indicators
- Balanced Process Scorecards
- Measurement Traceability
- Associating Processes and Measures
- Organization Structure and Accountability
Workshop: What is your Performance Scorecard?
- What is a Capability?
- Capability Modeling
- Business Processes and Capability Connection
- Finding Reusable Capabilities and Shared Services
- The Burlton Capability Hexagon
Workshop: What are your Business Capabilities?
Alignment to Decisions, Knowledge, Policies and Rules
- Decision Management
- Policies and Business Rules
- The Operational Decision Questions Hierarchy
- Decision Management and Notation (DMN)
- Re Designing Decision Processes
Workshop: What are your critical Decisions and Business Rules?
Alignment of Business Architecture with IT Architecture and Enablement
- Information Models
- Business Activity Monitoring
Workshop: How do your IT Capabilities support your Processes?
Alignment with Human Capabilities and Enablement
- Work Guidelines
- Motivation, Behavior and Culture
- Structural and Cultural Maturity
Workshop: What is your Cultural Maturity Level?
- The North Star (operational goals and objectives) to Establish Ideal Value
- Using Performance Data to Evaluate Performance Gaps
- Pain- Gain Analysis for Prioritization
- Priorities: Grids and Heat Maps
- Defining the Portfolio of Change
Workshop: What are your Change Priorities?
Leveraging the Architecture into a Business Change Portfolio
- Using the Business Architecture Models in Business Change
- Scoping a Change Project
Workshop: Scoping a Project
Sustaining the Architecture through Governance
- Governance Maturity & Framework Options
- Illustrations of what others have done
- Architecture Sustainment – CoE Support
- A Maturity Based Rollout Strategy
- Lessons Learned
Special Features of the Course:
- Get ready for Disruptive Innovation
- Continuously manage architecture as an asset of the enterprise through a governance framework
- Align all programs of business change with IT and HR strategy
- Build an connected measurement framework based on value for stakeholders and outcomes not just organization charts
- Get a set of capabilities that are truly traceable to strategic intent
- Be able to sell the concepts upward and reduce internal resistance to change
- Learn a method that scales for both small and large organizations
- Work with Roger Burlton; the most experienced pragmatist in this field
This course, Business Architecture: The Foundation for Enterprise Transformation, is a course endorsed by the IIBA and registered under BPTrends Associates, an IIBA Endorsed Educational Provider. The course is aligned with the BABOK v2.0. By attending this course you will earn 24 PDs (Professional Development hours) or 24 CDUs (Continuing Development Units).