Why Business Architecture?
- Enable Transformation, Disruption and need for Innovation
- Requirement for Business Agility
Business Architecture and Related Disciplines
- Zachman, TOGAF
- The Business Architecture Landscape
Workshop: What is your Architecture maturity and readiness?
Architecture Scoping and Value Chain Identification
- Whole company or one Value Chain?
- Intercompany Value Chains?
Workshop: What Value Chains do you have and what’s in scope for Business Architecture?
Business Strategy Understanding
- Business Ecosystem Analysis: Uncertainties, Scenarios, Opportunities and Threats
- Stakeholder Context Model: Item exchanges
- Stakeholder Value Proposition: Expectations and Experience Assessment, KPIs and Objectives
- Business Motivation Model: Ends before Means
Workshop: Who are your stakeholders and what is of value to them?
Framing the Strategy for Business Architecture Consumption
- Building your ‘North Star’: Goals and Objectives
- Establishing Strategic Capabilities and Requirements
- Choosing your Architecture scenario and plan of attack
Workshop: What are the Critical Capabilities and Requirements for the Business Architecture?
Business Object/Concept Modeling: The Basis for Information, Capability and Process Architecture Models
- Business Objects
- Concept Model
- Business Vocabulary
- Deriving the Information Model
Workshop: What is your Business Object/Concept Model?
- What is a Business Capability?
- BIZBOK view
- Capability Modeling
- Assuring unique non-redundant Capabilities
- The Burlton Capability Hexagon
Workshop: What are your Business Capabilities?
Business Process Architecture: Value Streams: and an End-to-End view
- Value Streams and Business Processes: BIZBOK view
- Stakeholder Journeys and Lifecycle
- The Skeleton Process Architecture
- Value Streams and Value Stream Stages
- Deriving a value-focussed Process Architecture
- Using Business/Industry Frameworks
- Examples of real company Architectures
Workshop: What are your Value Streams and End-to-End Processes?
Alignment to Decisions and Business Rules
- Policies, Decisions and Business Rules and their architectural alignment
- The Operational Decision Questions Hierarchy
Workshop: Articulating critical Decisions and Business Rules?
Business Performance Models
- Characteristics of Good Performance Indicators
- The new Balanced Scorecard
- Lagging and Leading Indicators
- Measurement Traceability to Strategic Objectives
- Measuring Operating Processes
Workshop: What is your Performance Scorecard?
Alignment of Business Architecture with IT Enablement
- Services, Microservices and APIs
- BPMS (process engines)
- BRMS (rules engines)
- Business Activity Monitoring and Analytics(measurement)
Alignment with Human Competencies
- Motivation, Behavior and Culture
- Structural and Cultural Maturity
Prioritization of Change: Heat Maps
- Evaluating Process, Information and Capability Value and Performance Gaps
- Heat Map Grids
- Pain – Gain Analysis for assessment of Capabilities, information and Processes
- The Burlton Capability Framework for Resource Change Planning
- Defining Change Priorities
Workshop: What are your Business Process and Capability Priorities?
Leveraging the Architecture into a Business Change Portfolio
- Using the Business Architecture Models in Business Change
- Cross Mapping Capabilities and Processes: Impact Analysis
- Defining the Portfolio of Process and Capability Changes
- Scoping a Change Project
- Building the Roadmap
Workshop: Which Processes and Capabilities are in scope for projects.
Sustaining the Architecture through Governance
- Governance Maturity Checklist
- Architecture Sustainment – CoE Support